Device Update - Single Web Service
- Open Internet Explorer on the device by going to ‘Start – Programs – Internet Explorer’
- Click into the Address bar at the top of the screen and navigate to dl.scoutsft.com
- Scroll down to the first drop down menu (default value is X3) and select ‘New Datalogic’ from the drop down menu.
- Under the ‘File to Download’ drop down, select the Initial Install file
- Click the Download button
- Make sure ‘Save this Program to disk’ is selected and click ‘OK’
- Double click the ‘Flashdisk’ folder and click ‘OK’ to save file in the Flashdisk folder. If the file is not saved in the Flashdisk folder the installation will not compete successfully.
- Click ‘Close’ once the download finishes and close Internet Explorer, bringing you back to the desktop.
- Open ‘My Device’ and open up the ‘Flashdisk’ folder.
- Double click the ‘InitialInstall.exe’ file to run
- Ensure the ‘Extract to:’ location reads “\Flashdisk\”. Click the ‘Extract’ Button. Click ‘Yes to all’ if prompted to overwrite files.
- Close all windows and perform a cold boot of the device (see next section)
Cold Booting (Reboot)
Steps for performing a cold boot on a Datalogic Skorpio X3 or Falcon X3 handheld:
- Pull the battery out of the back of the device
- Hold the ‘SCAN’ button located on the keypad
- Using the stylus pen, click the ‘Reset’ button located in the battery compartment.
- Reinstall battery in device and press the power button above the LCD screen
- The device should then show a Datalogic splash screen and begin the reboot procedure. If you don’t see the Datalogic splash screen the reset may have not been performed correctly, try cold boot process again.
The topShelf application should automatically