Updating a Device
New versions of the topShelf Windows CE device software are released periodically for feature updates as well as routine maintenance and fixes. Always check http://dl.scoutsft.com for the latest version for your device.
The topShelf support staff may release a special update to your device for a number of reasons. If you have been instructed to update your device by a topShelf support rep, perform the following steps: *Please note these update steps are for Datalogic Skorpio and Falcon devices. Speak to your topShelf support rep if you are using other types of hardware for update instructions
- Please note your current device software version, it can be found in the upper right had corner of the topShelf login screen on the device.
- From the desktop of the device, navigate to: ‘My Device – Flashdisk’
- Find and delete the ‘EtrackVersion.xml’ file.
- Navigate back to the desktop and run the topShelf application.
- This should initiate the ‘Application Updater’. When the process is complete you should get a message instructing you to perform a ‘Cold Boot’
After the cold boot is completed, open the topShelf application. Note the updated version number.
If you receive any errors throughout the process, or your version number is not updated, please submit a support case with the specific errors / issues you are receiving.