Step 2: Setting Up Your Business
Once you have set up your user account, it's now time to set up your business so you can begin using all of topShelf's features.
Setting Up Your Company
- Once you are logged in, click the "Warehouse" button in the top navigation bar.
- Next, click the "Companies" tab in the left sidebar.
- Click the "+New" button.
- Enter the company name, an account number (if you don't have an account number you can use the company name again) and an email associated with your company, then click "Save."
Setting Up Your Warehouse
- There are two ways you can set up the warehouse connected to your company—from the "Warehouses" tab on the left sidebar (Option 1) or by clicking the "+New" button from the company page you set up in the previous section (Option 2).
- Either option will trigger the Warehouse page to load. Fill out the form and click "Save."
- A new page pops up confirming that the new warehouse has been created.
Setting Up a Bin
A bin is a location in the warehouse where inventory is stored—it can be a shelf, a room, or any other location within your warehouse. There are two ways you can set up bins in your warehouse:
Option 1 - From the Warehouse Page
To create a bin from the Warehouse page you set up in the previous section, first click on the middle "Bins" tab and then click the "+New" button.
Option 2 - From the Bins Tab
Click on the "Bins" tab in the left sidebar, then click the "+New" button.
Once the Bins page pops up, fill out the form and then click "Save."
If your warehouse has been using a numbering or organizational system prior to purchasing topShelf, that information can be imported into the system from an Excel spreadsheet (download a sample template) using our SNAP tool. Please see Download SNAP for instructions on how to import your data.