Step 3: Setting Up Part Records
Once you have set up your user account and set up your business, you can begin setting up parts records. There are three ways you can set up a part record—create a new part, import a part, or sync a part from an existing system. Here's how:
Creating a Part
- Click the "Inventory" tab on the top navigation bar in the Admin Console. Then, select "Parts" from the left sidebar.
- From the "Parts" tab, click "All" and then the "+New" button.
- On the Parts page, there are two required fields—the Part Name and the Vendor (other fields are optional at this point). Enter the Part Name/SKU (commonly a numeric or alpha-numeric sequence, typically under 19 characters long since it's used for barcoding). Then enter the Vendor Name* (see below) and any additional fields. Click "Save" when you are finished.
Setting Up a Vendor
- To add a vendor, click Contacts > Vendor in the left sidebar and then click the "+New" button.
- Fill out the form and click "Save."
Importing a Part
If you would like to import a part into topShelf, you first need to download SNAP, topShelf's import/export tool. See Downloading SNAP to get started.
Once you have installed SNAP, download the Parts Template to begin importing parts into topShelf.
Syncing a Part from an Existing System/Integration
It's possible to sync a part through the topShelf Integrations module, which can save you time and effort. To sync your part data, visit topShelf Integrations to find the specific integration you want to use and then follow the setup/configuration instructions. If you have any questions during this process, please contact the Scout support team.