Receiving in topShelf refers to receiving inventory against an existing receiving transaction in topShelf. There are other ways to enter inventory into topShelf, but using a Receiving Order to receive against gives the most detail. A typical receiving process is as follows:
- Receiving Order created in topShelf (created manually or synced from another application via integration)
- Receiving Order document printed (optional)
- Once inventory arrives in the dock, the user opens the Receiving order on the handheld device or mobile app to begin receiving
- Inventory is placed into a bin on the receiving dock via the scanner / mobile app.
- Bin Move / Put Away used to move the inventory from the receiving dock to the shelf location (bin)
This process may vary from company to company. There are 2 modes to receiving on the Device / Mobile. See the Receiving Modes topic for more information.